Sharing memories is a delightful experience of life. When the memory is about being married, it brings back the remarkable feelings. To embellish such memories, many couples plan a honeymoon getaway. It helps to overcome tiredness of the functions, gives the couple space to spend quality time, to embrace love and affection etc.
Just like everybody else, me and my partner wanted to endure the memories while enjoying the new beginning of our lives. Therefore, we made up our mind for a honeymoon trip.
The first challenge for us was to look for a travel agency who can help us with a comfortable and affordable tour package. Second, we didn’t want to opt for places like Manali, Shimla, Nainital etc. Undoubtedly, they are the best places, but we wanted an unfilled place. With such requirements it was difficult to find a reliable travel agent, but we got what we were looking for.
If you too fall in the same category as me and my husband, the experience of our honeymoon package arranged by Rajput Holidays will act as a guide for you.
Since going on a loaded place wasn’t on our mind, our holiday planner suggested us to explore the North-eastern states of India, Shillong and Guwahati.
Itinerary for the honeymoon destinations
Our itinerary included 3 nights in Shillong and 2 nights in Guwahati.
3 Nights in Shillong
Despite being a hub for many recognized educational institutions, Shillong is also known for its rarely explored beauty of mountains, valleys, meadows and even rainfalls. We were told that it is also called “Scotland of the East.” After witnessing the place, we couldn’t agree more. A few of the places we covered in Shillong are mentioned below
- The first spot we head to was Umiam Lake. This lake is a man-made reserve which is 15 km forth Shillong. Couples, tourists, and even locals often visit this place to spend quality time and to explore the environment. We too got the opportunity to experience the same
- The second destination was Asia’s cleanest village, Mawlynnong which is 90 km from Shillong. While on a quest in the village, we came across the balancing rock, Bangladesh plains located on the Indo-Bangla border and cleanliness on the streets, houses, and proper garbage system
- Next on the lists were, Dawki river, Bishop falls, and Sky view.
- Dawki river is one of those places in India that offers crystal clear water that allows you to see though at the bottom. To experience it closely, we took a boat ride to enlighten the experience
- Bishop falls is known for one of the highest falls in the country. Also, we were told that this fall is accompanied by the Beadon falls. It was more like a double retreat
- Skywalk in Shillong were inaugurated a decade ago with the idea to encourage tourism in the state. Since its inception it has been successful in doing the same. We were awe-struck by the aerial view of Shillong, it was majestic
There were other romantic getaways too, but I have included the ones that are close to me.
After Shillong, we left for Guwahati
2 Nights in Guwahati
Though it is the largest metropolis in the North-eastern part of India, it is also known as the gateway to the North-east India. Despite being famous for its religious purposes and markets, there are various romantic getaways as well. Our itinerary for Guwahati included
- Umananda island is one of those places that are still untouched by many. We came to know that during British reign, it was called Peacock island because of the structure. We learned about a mythological story related to this place which also explains the presence of Umananda Devi temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. We also came across a rare and endangered species, a golden langur
- A cruise ride on the Brahmaputra river helps you explore the beauty of nearby places. While cruising you can enjoy some authentic delicacies, the enormous hills, and live music. Me and my partner got the opportunity for a candlelight dinner which has left an impression on our relationship and bond
- Dipor Bil, a freshwater lake who source is Brahmaputra river. Though this place is known to a lot of tourists but is never crowded. The Lake is known to have 19,000+ species of rare and endangered birds, excluding migrating birds that visits seasonally. Apart from the vibrant and colorful birds, we were captivated by the beauty of the lake and its thick greenery. We also, get to spend quality time by the lake for a stronger bond
- Since we were in a place that has some of the best markets, not purchasing anything would have been a crime. There were shops for shoes, accessories, clothes, sunglasses and what not. Me and my purchased secretly something for each other and gifted it after reaching the hotel. While exploring the market, we also came to know about Umaan bazar where you can find amazing blend of local culture and regional arts
We didn’t realize that the tour was over so early, it felt as if we couldn’t get enough.
A wonderful journey
To end it on a merry note I want to conclude that it was a lovely experience that every couples wishes for. Rajput Holidays helped us in creating some of the best memories of our lives. I would surely recommend others to book packages from the best travel agency in India.