Being home to Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra is the 3rd largest commercial hub in Maharashtra. Also, many famous and active personalities of Bollywood, cricket and politics reside here, triggering every common man to at least visit this suburb once.
If you too have intentions of visiting this place, you are on the right page. In the following article, Rajput Holidays has created a travel book to the Queen of Suburbs, Bandra that will help you explore the city.
Whether you are a foodie, a shopaholic or admire history, this suburb of Maharashtra can amuse you with everything.
Bandra is well-known for some of its amazing landmarks such as
- Jogger’s park: A dumping ground in the past, now an oceanfront park that offers jogging, running, and walking tracks. This is the place where Mumbai’s first laughter club was launched
- Mount Mary’s Basilica: Take blessings from 100+ years old church of Mount Mary. The statue here, has an interesting story to tell. Visit the holy site and explore the same. If you visit this place in the first week of September, you may enjoy feast of Virgin Mary on the first Sunday
- Bandstand Promenade: This 1.2 Km long walkway is the best hangout spot for everyone and offers mesmerizing view of Banda-Worli Sea Link, Mount Mary Church and sunset
- Linking Road & Hill Road: These two places are considered arterial roads as they are shopping hubs. Whether you want to purchase from a street shop or from a high-end store, they offer both
- Bandra Fort: Castella de Aguada also known as Bandra Fort was strategically constructed to overlook the Arabian Sea and Mahim bey. Nowadays, tourists and even locals visit this place often to enjoy the serene view and weather
- Colonial-era bungalows: To get a hold of history of Bandra, visit the colonial-era architectural bungalows
Food, drinks & nightlife
When you are in Bandra, you shouldn’t be worried about having only healthy food, fine dining, or street food because this place will trigger your taste buds in every way.
For street food or casual dining, you may visit Smoke House Deli, Toast & Tonic, The Little Easy, Madras Diaries, etc. Apart from these, there is Starbucks, barista, café coffee day.
For a lavish and fine dining, you may visit Hakkasan, Ministry of Crab, Masala Library, Taftoon, etc. You may hire a travel agency in India to give you a brief of such places.
To get a glimpse of nightlife and bars, you may visit, Drinkery 51, Capital Social, Hitchki, Effingut, Bonoba and Bar Stock Exchange (BSE).
Whether you wish to shop some handicrafts, art crafts, traditionally crafted artisanal shawls, sarees, and fabrics or artwork on lifestyle products such as mugs, phone case, t-shirts, stationary, and what not.
If you are looking for some high-end brands, you may visit Label Ritu Kumar, ADIE and Kaveri for contemporary women clothing. For traditional you may visit Vaya.
For accessories, Nayirah and Silver Streak are best high-end stores. You may also purchase authentic and pocket-friendly accessories from the shopping hubs at Hill Road & Linking Road.
Can’t miss places
Visitng Bandra would be one whole of experience. Therefore, to make it much more exciting and special do not forget to miss the below-mentioned places
- A glimpse of mansion “Mannat” home of Bollywood’s Badshah Shah Rukh Khan
- Experience the Khaki tours to witness the magic of golden period of Mumbai
- The famous street food like Sev puri, paani puri and vada pao on Hill Road
Another must visit is Colaba which has landmarks like Gateway of India, Taj Mahal Palace hotel, Sea Sassoon dock, etc.
Best time to visit Bandra
Being a southern suburb Bandra can be visited any time of the year, the weather will be pleasant. Though it is suggested that you avoid it during summers and especially during rainy season.
To get a discounted package on Bandra, Contact Rajput Holidays.